Does the thought of a post-Roe America frighten you?

Could this mean more governmental control over personal matters?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • Why would it? Abortion is murder!
  • never had a clear stance on abortion
  • Yes, it horrifies me but I’m ready to fight!
  • Yes, it makes me feel so helpless
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Seema WaghmareSeema Waghmare
      Up
      Down
      ::

With a recent leak indicating that the Supreme Court is all set to overturn abortion rights, Roe supporters are pushing for democrats to fight back. Protestors are gathering throughout the country in support of Roe, with some describing this as a wakeup call. However, it seems highly unlikely that the result of the hearing will be any different from the result mentioned in the leak — the people are demanding democrats to step up to make abortion a fundamental right.

President Biden has spoken out in support of Roe, and he has also mentioned the wider implications of undoing Roe v Wade. He said,” It would mean that every other decision relating to the notion of privacy is thrown into the question, if what is written is what remains, it goes far beyond the concern of whether or not there is the right to choose. It goes to other basic rights.. who you marry, whether or not you decide to conceive a child or not, whether or not you can have an abortion, a range of other decisions.”

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.