Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dalia SahaDalia Saha
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

So this is just in! Pfizer is asking for FDA approval for the vaccine for kids ages 5-11. I am not sure how I think about this, since the vaccines are still experimental in the adult population and we won’t know the long term effects of them. I might be more comfortable if it were an inactivated virus but using a new technology, that has not withstood the test of time…Is that something we really want to pass down to future generations?

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/07/1043973744/pfizer-fda-authorize-kids-children-covid-vaccine

Troy ReevesTroy Reeves
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

This is a tough topic for sure. I have two small children and we think and discuss this daily. We are doing the Moderna trials at one of my hospitals in Tampa, I have been offered the opportunity to have both of by children vaccinated ahead of time. It is scary for sure, but on the other hand I don’t know what I would do if my child became on of the children on a ventilator at my hospital. I know that the odds for the children are better, but do I want to roll those dice. Good Topic!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.